YOU ARE NOT FAILING

Thursday, August 23, 2018


if you would only stop lying to yourself for one moment, I feel you would see what I see. 

Your eyes would be awakened to the fact that I love you more than you know.

You would feel my heart break when you cry because, child, what can I do? I don’t know what to do anymore.

It kills me to know that something is killing you. I want to break the beastly lies in two. I want to tear down the walls you’re building around yourself. I want to pull you into my arms and tell you that it will be okay; that I’ll do everything in my power to make it be okay.

Oh, child, stop lying to yourself. You are worth more than those lies.


9 comments

  1. This has got to be one of my favorite poems you have ever written ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh whoa, really? *hugs* I'm glad you like it Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! That ending sentence... thank you for posting this, I needed to read it today!
    -Brooklyne <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your short poems, but these longer ones are just amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love how you've noticed that and I truthfully cannot decide which I like writing best, but whatever comes, comes XD <3 thank you!!

      Delete

dude you make my day with comments *wipes tear dramatically* *gives you a hug*

© TWILIGHT TO DAWN. Design by FCD