LIFE CAN BE ROUGH

Saturday, October 13, 2018


when a brick wall gets thrown in your face
and you are left staggering, crying out for aid,
you’re not the only one. 

we think pain seeks us out separately, 
breaking you down, breaking your soul. 
but truly, you’re not the only one unable to move.

you are not the only one who feels like you’re bleeding to death 
with only a band aid in your hand.
 
fragile friend, wrap your brokenness in a blanket 
and tell yourself it’ll all be a-okay for,
the shattered pieces are strongest together.

xxxx

6 comments

  1. Shattered pieces are strongest together... that line. <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so short, but it made me almost start to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. seriously tho. your poetry makes me cry and you really have a gift for this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew from the title this would make me cry :P
    Seriously beautiful though. And this is as good as any place to say it, so I got your second poetry book a while back and it is the loveliest thing.

    -Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... this is the most beautiful thing I've read this month :') by thinking we're the only ones we isolate ourselves which only causes more harm. It's so comforting to know that we're not the only ones who are struggling <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's deep, friend. ♥ Have you heard the song "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle? It speaks to me, and thought I'd share. ☺ Love you! ♥

    ReplyDelete

dude you make my day with comments *wipes tear dramatically* *gives you a hug*

© TWILIGHT TO DAWN. Design by FCD