IM AFRAID TOO

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

do we let the stabbing words damage the healing 
that you had been working so hard on? 
or will you stand up tall and scream in the face of that danger?

losing this valuable growth is terrifying.

in the want to be free from fear, you replace it instead with

the freedom to adopt new fears.
I didn’t know that shaking away from one fear 
could topple down a hundred old ones.

an avalanche of feelings.

will the canyon fill to the brim? 

will my heart learn to heal again? 
will I be brave? is bravery even a thing?

oh, to be free from this.


[poetry is a journey of emotions for me. i'm not drowning,
 i'm peeling layers of pain away. these are the words that come from it.]

4 comments

  1. I love how raw these words are! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in the want to be free from fear, you replace it instead with
    the freedom to adopt new fears."

    OH DANG. That hit me in the heart. *snaps* *applauds* Seriously, that hit really close to home for me right now. Thank you for putting words to the way I've been feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, you have no idea the feeling that came over me when I read your comment. my heart hurt for you but am so so so proud of you for knowing your emotions. go you Erin <3

      Delete

dude you make my day with comments *wipes tear dramatically* *gives you a hug*

© TWILIGHT TO DAWN. Design by FCD