why you ache

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

we never quite say what our hearts feel
often little words are left unsaid
little actions left undone
we pretend as if that doesn't hurt
we pretend as if they don't matter
but deep deep deep down
where the memories slip to and where love grows there is a hole
in that hole is where the undone deeds are
and that is where the ache in your soul grows
bc you didn't say i love you
you didn't smile or give that hug
you didn't even try
maybe we shouldn't wait anymore
maybe waiting is what is going to destroy us

22 comments

  1. *wipes tear dramatically* I love your poems, Julia!! <3
    And this one is like... *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *also wipes tear dramatically* GIRL I LOVE YOU <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, that makes sense. And it makes me think of the times I haven't given and maybe someone is aching because of it. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know..I write what I feel and boy am I feeling this today

      Delete
  3. This was...beautiful. Simply beautiful and oh, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is incredible, oh my goodness!

    Would you mind checking out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow? Super excited to read your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness, thank you!!

      and of course *jumps over to blog link*

      Delete
  5. Julia, how do you do it? How do you make me want to cry? You have a gift. This is so true, it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what to say other than that you just made my day and made ME wanna cry. <333

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is more true than anything I've read today... :')

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES YES YES. WHY ARE YOUR POEMS SO BEAUTIFUL??? This is so, so true! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE DONT SAY THAT GOODNESS GRACIOUS YOU ARE A BLESSED BEING

      Delete
  8. Oooh..... Tears.
    This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get this sooo much<3 So much love.

    ReplyDelete

dude you make my day with comments *wipes tear dramatically* *gives you a hug*

© TWILIGHT TO DAWN. Design by FCD